Monday, June 21, 2010







I love to walk.  One day, about four years ago, I decided to walk a little farther than usual and continued almost to the other side of the mountain.  There behind a big hay field was a stone house and barn.  I could just see a little of it as the property sloped down away from the road and the yard was quite overgrown.  Still, I thought it was beautiful.  I remember going on about it to my husband and then put it away.  Two years ago we were out for a ride and as we approached the house we saw a foreclosure sign.  I was already moved in.  We called the realtor and toured the property the next day.  It was a royal mess inside the house as you can see.  We decided it was just too much work for us to take on and felt almost relieved that we walked away from it.  In the middle of the night, my husband said "Maybe we should do it" knowing that I too would be up thinking about it.  The price was too high and when we came back from Italy, the house had been sold to someone else.  Now we really wanted it.  I went back and forth with the realtor for months always reminding her if the sale did not go through to please call us.  A couple of days before Father's Day she called.  I put a deposit on it without telling my husband and gave him a huge Father's Day surprise with champagne on ice set up behind the house.                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment