Friday, July 16, 2010

Bobcat!

In a previous post, I mentioned we had seen bobcat tracks in the snow on our property. We were able to find it's den (deer legs and lots of deer hair in the opening of hollowed out apple tree). We were determined to get a photo of it so my husband spent two hundred dollars on a critter cam which has a motion detector. We mounted it on a tree opposite the den and in a couple of days the camera had taken twenty-four photos. We ran home and downloaded the photos on our computer. Here, for the very first time, is our bobcat:
Two hundred dollars for a lousy groundhog.

Here he is mugging for the camera:


We took the camera down after he fell out of the tree. It was just too humiliating for all of us.

2 comments:

  1. This is just too funny! I'm glad there isn't any critter cam over here at Frog Hollow Farm! This morning while I was brushing my teeth (really!) I looked out the window and saw a baby groundhog climbing over our 7 foot garden fence, and plopping down right inside. I grabbed my trusty red broom and mud shoes and ran outside to scare it out of the garden. After chasing it up and down the berry bush aisles I finally gave up - I'm not sure where that little groundhog is right now. Ciao, bella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Not that I'm online while working, I'll just tell the boss that I was laughing at something Inga said. ;-)

    ReplyDelete