Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The big push

The framing continued at a fevered pitch - everyone pitched in to help - even my daughter, Paige and her friend Izzy

The building inspector gave us a hard time with the sheathing. Make sure your builders ask the town if they want a gap for expansion or not. We had to rip out all the plywood along the sill and redo it. Also, make sure they use galvanized nails with the new treated lumber otherwise the copper in the lumber corrodes the nails. I'm learning a lot.
The floor in the basement was finally poured after we put down the tubing for radiant heat.


Here are more framing photos
A picture of the crew. As you can see they more than happy to pose!

1 comment:

  1. Sending a sweet hello from Frog Hollow Farm! Your home is certainly turning out to be a showcase, and I love how everyone is chipping in. I need to do more of that, I tend to stay in the kitchen and make coffee for everyone! We love seeing the progress you are making - it's a beautiful home who I know is more than grateful for it's new owners and their loving attention! Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful! Ciao, bella!

    ReplyDelete