Thursday, November 18, 2010

The new builders

The new builders pulled up to the house with dust and gravel spewing out behind them. The door to their van opened and just like that little car in the circus they just kept coming out. Twelve in all and three more in a second car. They couldn't squeeze in three more? They attacked the house and in about 5 minutes the living room deck was on.

Now, I was used to things crawling along at a snail's pace for the entire summer. Suddenly, things were happening! Wait! Too late.
The walls were up. It seemed as though things were happening just that fast. I loved it. We were running out of time.

In less than 3 weeks the house was framed. Arturo and his workers (John Prevete Framers) were amazing workers. They each had their part of the framing to do and they did it very well and even though it was quite complicated, very fast. Our architects were impressed and every other contractor who came to the house asked who did the framing. They all thought it was great. We had made some changes to the plans and Arturo was very patient with me when I wanted to change something else. One day though, he said "I change nothing else! Talk to John!" I knew I had reached Arturo's breaking point. Below are some photos of the framing.

No comments:

Post a Comment